Management Training Program / On Site Project Coordinator
We are an established growing residential re-roofing company with an unflinching commitment to provide quality workmanship and top-notch customer service! We understand that our team is of first and foremost importance in our pursuit of excellence and we value our team above all else.
Are you in search of a career and not just a job? Management Training Program / On Site Project Coordinators (PC) are hired into a 2-4 year training program that will promote successful trainees into a Sales position, before finally finding them placement as a branch General Manager, a position that earns well over $100K annually.
As Project Coordinator, you will be vital to the success of your team members and the growth of your branch. While demonstrating superior customer service, you will lead by example and set the bar high for performance. You will assist your General Manager with setting objectives and metrics to ensure your team’s achievement in meeting them through your ability to motivate and inspire.
Management Training Program / On Site Project Coordinators are responsible to manage the job sites assigned to them to efficiently deliver happy customers and quality installations. They must organize and monitor their job sites to ensure it follows the company’s workflow process. The candidate must be detail-oriented to accurately track data and meet deadlines. You must be able to prioritize tasks according to customer happiness, quality execution and efficiency.
Outstanding candidates will be ambitious, have the desire to learn leadership, be efficient problem solvers, and have strong interpersonal skills. Candidates must be willing to relocate upon promotions. A valid driver’s license is required.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completing every item on the On Site Project Coordinator checklist for every project.
- Holding your assigned crew accountable to do the work according to our installation neatness standards.
- Reading and executing the work orders exactly.
- Actively analyzing each job site to decide what measures are needed to protect the customer’s property.
- Going above and beyond the items listed on the On Site Project Manager checklist to ensure we leave the customer’s property in better condition than we found it.
- Monitoring the crew to make sure they are not being careless and causing property or equipment damage.
- Alerting the GM immediately if the crew does not comply as directed.
- Communicating often with the customer to keep them informed about the job progress and involving them in decisions as much as possible.
- Endeavoring at all times to give our customers the best experience possible.
- Developing customer relationships and providing unrivaled customer service in order to build new business, increase branch profitability and further brand loyalty and recognition.
- Actively analyzing our policies and processes to generate ideas that will improve policies and procedures for the purpose of helping us become a better company.
- Must be willing to work on Saturdays if needed.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Background check must be free of felony convictions.
- Experience working in a construction, roofing, or farming industry
- Project Coordinating/Management experience is a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Company vehicle and gas card (vehicle is not a “take home”)
- Competitive compensation package $42,000-$50,000 annually depending upon experience
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes 401k, Medical, & Dental
- Two weeks paid time off for vacation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year apply online